Utilities SHEQ Advisor
We are looking for an SHEQ Advisor to join our client in Sussex due to growth. This role will pay up to £40,000 plus company vehicle and benefits.
You will manage and maintain the Safety, Environmental and Quality Programme and provide professional support and advice to the Management Team and Staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters. Ideally you will have experience of Utilities SHEQ including NRSWA, CDM, & NERS requirements and regulations.
You will be a proactive team member who will engage staff and managers to maximise improvements in safety performance.
• To provide expertise and advice in developing, formulating and communicating Health, Safety, and Environment & Quality policies, procedures and standards ensuring that all legislation, directives, procedures and specifications are fully adhered to.
• To provide expertise and advice regarding the implementation of a Health, Safety, Environment, Engineering & Quality Management System that meets the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, NERS, or any other appropriate Registration.
• To carry out HSEQ audits, inspections, investigations, site assessments and surveys to ensure compliance with legislation and the operation of the Business Management System.
• To carry out and/or support external audits carried in relation to company certification/registration activity.
• To compile reports on HSEQ and performance
• Support and manage the development of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality business improvement plans to deliver improved HSEQ performance across the business.
• Identify and facilitate the sharing of Best Practice and Business Improvement, ensuring compliance with HSEQ Policies & Procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
• Fully aware of all relevant SHEQ legislation, rules and procedures.
• Good communication and persuasion skills.
• A proven health and safety professional with recent experience in an SHEQ related role, aligned to Electricity Distribution design and construction.
• Workable knowledge and application of NERS
• NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Diploma preferred
• NEBOSH Environmental Certificate or IEMA Associate Certificate
• Experience in NERS certification requirements
• Experience in dealing with Quality management
• Thorough in-depth experience & knowledge of CDM & NRSWA regulation requirements
• Evidence of influencing and high-level communication skills both verbal and written reports.
• Ability to show analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
• Ability to work across sites, keeping connectivity and relationships building at all times
• Strong work ethic, able to work of own initiative and ability to be proactive
2C recruitment Ltd specialisie in Utilities and Multi Utility Recruitment. Offering permanent and temporary recruitment services to clients providing design, engineering construction and maintenance within Gas, Power and Water Utilities.
2C recruitment Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity for all work seekers and we shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an ongoing basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. No terminology in any advertisement is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
To apply for this job please visit 2crecruitment.recruitbpm.com.