Utilities Financial Controller
We are looking for dynamic Financial Controller who ideally has experience of working in a Utilities company. The role is based in Manchester and comes with a salary of up to £60,000 and attractive benefits package.
You will assist in the day-to-day financial activity of our client. This is a split role where there is a transactional and management accounting focus. Responsible for accounts payable and treasury on the transactional side and assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts, monthly finance board papers, cash flows, quarterly VAT returns, year-end audit packs, and year-end audit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the production of the monthly management accounts and monthly board reports. Ensuring that all deadlines and reporting requirements (both internal and external) are met.
- Manage shareholder reporting to ensure that deadlines for the production of monthly and quarterly accounts, budgets, forecasts (incl. cashflows), valuations and the provision of statutory information are met.
- Support the annual budget process and operational forecasts. Providing financial awareness training to budget holders, production of variance reports, development of processes and associated models.
- Manage the production of the annual statutory accounts for the Group and file with Company House.
- Manage the transaction function (Purchase and Sales ledgers) ensuring; accurate and timely cash allocation, supplier payments and customer invoicing.
- Process VAT returns ready for submission.
- Play a key role in the development of finance staff by motivation, education and guidance for continual improvement. Ensuring efficiency is maximised and the roles, functions and outputs of the finance function are effective and focussed on business delivery.
- Any other ad-hoc duties which may occur from time to time and are considered to be within the post holder’s capability, to ensure business continuity.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to lead and motivate a team with appropriate delegation skills
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written to all levels of the organisation and external parties
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise work efficiently across a wide range if disciplines
- Strong IT skills for manipulation of data and presenting to both internal and external parties
Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA
To apply for this job please visit 2crecruitment.recruitbpm.com.