HV Design Engineer
We require an Electrical Design Engineer to join our client ideally based in the South East but consideration will be given for flexible working.
In return you will receive an exccellent salary and benefits package
- Be responsible for the production of the design associated with a specific project
- Produce a bill of quantities of equipment in line with relevant IEC, DNO, IDNO and client specifications
- Interface with and attend meetings with client, IDNO or DNO
- Prepare and issue designs for approval
- Liaise with internal and external design teams and consultancies to produce accurate designs within timescales indicated and in line with deliverables
- Produce detailed specifications for high voltage plant & equipment and ancillary plant and equipment associated with high voltage substations.
- Review equipment manufacturers proposals and liaise with equipment manufacturers to ensure equipment suitability in line with the proposed design.
- Approve and issue approved designs
- Input into the contract project plan, reporting progress as necessary and identifying any risks to the project progress and completion dates.
- Ensure that the law is complied with at all times, including Electricity at Work, H&S, ESQCR and CDM Regulations.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Specialisms be proficient in one or both of the following:
A – Primary / Layout Design
- Design of HV substation layouts and elevations
- Design of detailed earthing layouts and connections
- Manage the detailed design of HV and LV power cable routes and systems
B – Secondary / Protection and Control Design
- Development and review of single line diagrams
- Produce high level specifications for control, protection and SCADA systems.
- Design of HV protection and control systems.
- Production of AC and DC schematic drawings, cable block diagrams, cable and termination schedules
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or HNC in Electrical Engineering
- Member of The IET
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership
- Working knowledge of MS office software Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCad, MS Project
- Advantageous: working knowledge of design software: Revit, CDEGS etc, SharePoint familiarity
2C recruitment Ltd specialisie in Utilities and Multi Utility Recruitment. Offering permanent and temporary recruitment services to clients providing design, engineering construction, maintenance and support services within Gas, Power and Water Utilities.
2C recruitment Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity for all work seekers and we shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an ongoing basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. No terminology in any advertisement is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.
To apply for this job please visit evoportaluk.tracker-rms.com.