Grid Connections Manager
Due to our rapid growth, we are currently seeking to hire a Grid Connections Manager/Head of Connection (depending on experience) to manage and lead the securing of grid connections for exciting projects throughout the UK.
The person will manage the application process with DNO/IDNOs from early grid feasibility stage though to formal connection offer and provide technical support though the design and construction phase.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Manage grid connection process for EHV projects
• Carry out feasibility studies using LTDS/DNO data
• Carry out technical and commercial reviews of connection offers
• Negotiate and optimise connection offers with the DNO
• Be main point of contact for DNO/IDNO discussions
• Provide technical input for tenders
• Carry out technical assurance for designs ensuring compliance with Distribution Code, G99, G100, P28, P29 etc.
• Assist design team in development of Engineers and Technicians
• Manage allocated customers and projects during the feasibility/grid offer stage
• Work with internal expert design team to progress detailed power system studies and designs
• Detailed knowledge of UK T&D industry
• Detailed knowledge and experience of EHV connection process
• Strong technical knowledge and ability
• PV technical knowledge an advantage
• Ability to conduct or review power systems studies
• Knowledge of power system software an advantage
• Strong general IT skills
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Effective communicator
• Self-starter and able to work independently
• Highly organised with attention to detail
Experience & Qualifications
• Ideally degree qualified in Electrical Power System/Electrical Engineering
• Track record in similar role for 4 years+
• Experience within a DNO or Power Systems Consultancy and advantage
• Good relationships with DNOs, IDNOs and Power System Consultancies
Location within the UK is flexible.
To apply for this job please visit 2crecruitment.recruitbpm.com.